Speaker: Deborah Walker Keegan, PhD, FACMPE
Transitioning from payment for volume to payment for value requires hospitals and medical practices to realign financial, operations, and business practices. As we transition from payment for volume to payment for value, medical practices must re-align financial, operations and business practices to compete in a value-based world.
Financial alignment requires changes to billing practices to recognize high patient out-of-pocket expenses and reduce the time to payment. Operations alignment requires streamlining patient flow to expand access to care and demonstrate value. Business alignment requires improving business intelligence to capture the cost and outcomes of care and revising physician compensation plans.
Listen to hear from industry expert Deborah Walker Keegan on strategies you can implement now to effectively position your practice for value-based reimbursement.
Listen to learn:
- How to change key components of your revenue cycle, to include patient financial clearance, point of service payments, and time to collections.
- How to expand patient access and demonstrate value-driven care.
- The current state of value-based reimbursement for hospitals and medical practices.
- Pitfalls to avoid when transitioning from payment for volume to payment for value.
- How to create a value plan to enhance quality and reduce cost of practice.
- Changes to business practices to align for value-based reimbursement and stay payer relevant.
- Steps to take to transition physician compensation plans from productivity to value.
- Structural options to help hospitals and medical practices enhance value.
- How to demonstrate your value to payers, employers, patients and community.
Who will benefit from this conference?
- Directors of physician services – hospital, academic, private practice
- Hospital finance and reimbursement directors
- Revenue cycle managers
- Practice administrators
- Marketing directors
Meet Our Expert Speaker:
Deborah Walker Keegan is a nationally recognized consultant, keynote speaker, and author. Dr. Keegan is President of Medical Practice Dimensions, Inc. and a Principal with Woodcock & Walker Consulting. With more than 25 years of experience, her consulting services are in demand by hospitals, integrated delivery systems, physician-owned practices and academic institutions. She has authored or co-authored six best-selling books on key issues in medical practice management and numerous articles in the healthcare field. Dr. Keegan earned her PhD at the Peter F. Drucker Graduate School of Management, her MBA from UCLA, and she is a Fellow of the American College of Medical Practice Executives. With rich experience in consulting, education, and industry research, Dr. Keegan brings knowledge, expertise and solutions to healthcare organizations.